“Beauty isn’t about looking too young, but about looking good.” –clinique
Ok ladies it’s that time again to clean out our closets and get rid of that old make-up you’re holding on to.Expiration Dates:Unlike drugs, expiration dates are not required on cosmetics. Most dermatologists and ophthalmologists recommend the following guidelines for insuring that your cosmetics are safe.
- Lipstick - discard after six monthsFoundation - discard after one yearMascara - after three to four monthsBlush/powder - one year
- Cream - six to eight months
IF THERE IS ANY KIND OF SMELL OR OTHER ODOR COMING FROM ANY BEAUTY PRODUCT, IT’S GONE BAD. THROW IT AWAY IMMEDIATELY.Organize That Closet!
- Start by taking everything out of your closet.
- Make four piles:
- Things to keep (that you really feel good in!) Things that need work like mending or cleaning.Things to trade or give away.
- Things you aren’t sure about.
If there’s a question about throwing something away, at least take it out of your closet. Put it in a box and store it under your bed check it a couple months, if you’ve missed it then put it back in your closet. If it doesn’t look fresh and hopeful, it’s gone!
- Arrange clothing by category and subcategory. Long-sleeved blouses, short-sleeved blouses, etc.Keep things you love and wear a lot in the front of your closet.After you’ve reorganized, see what you’re missing.
- Hit up the spring sales!
Throw it Out!
- If you have to lie down, suck in, or fold skin to get it zipped.If you can’t sit, walk, or reach without yanking or pulling.
- If it’s so short you risk arrest.